Engineers Without Borders New Zealand invites participants to showcase their technical projects which demonstrate a sustainable, people-centred approach to working in communities in New Zealand, the South Pacific and beyond. The 2018 Annual Conference will facilitate a diverse selection of presentations and workshops with the aim of increasing public awareness and fostering innovation in humanitarian engineering and sustainable community development. Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Sustainable development
- Community engagement
- Human-centred design
- Abstracts should be original work and all copyright provisions must be met.
- Only one abstract may be submitted by 30 April 2018
- The abstract must be 155-399 words in plain text format with a clear, concise title.
- Please provide the CV and photograph of the presenter.
- Email submissions to email@example.com.
- Presentations will be selected based on relevance, engagement, originality and innovation.
- Presenters are responsible for registration, travel, and hotel costs. Those with accepted abstracts will receive a promotional code allowing them to register at the early bird rate.
- Presentations will be allocated 20 minutes, including time for questions.
- Abstracts will be compiled and made available to all participants.
- Any presenter who is unable to attend should arrange for another qualified individual to make their presentation.
- Abstract submission deadline - 30 April 2018
- Notification of decision - 20 May 2018
- Presentation submission deadline - 27 June 2018
- Humanitarian Engineering 2018 - 6 July 2018
The conference organising committee plans to acknowledge outstanding submissions, in particular from students and young professionals.
Email our conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org