The workshop will cover both theory and practical application of appropriate technology with several demonstration models.The workshop will include:
The workshop is free to members of EWB as well as current Massey University staff and students. If you are neither of the above the fee is $50. Workshop participants will also need to cover their costs of meals and accommodation if required. Morning and afternoon teas are provided, lunches are the responsibility of the participants.To RSVP for a member ticket, please sign in and you will be redirected to the free sign up page. To RSVP as a Massey University staff member or student, please email John directly.If you are interested in attending all or part of the workshop or have any queries, please contact John.
- Introduction to appropriate technology
- Investment Casting in a Developing World Context with Greg Frater
- Small-Scale Hydro Power
- Biochar Production and Soil Amendment in a Developing World Context with Georg Ripberger
- Pumping Water with Appropriate Technology
- Pumping Water (application)
- Demonstration of Pelton wheel and Francis turbine with Nadeem Caco
- Low-Cost Solar Hot Water Heater
- Salt Gradient Solar Ponds with Zuban Weeds
- Evaporative Cooling Refrigeration with Fadhil Rahim
- Cooking with Appropriate Technology
- Application and Effectiveness of Appropriate Technology
Do you like this page?